Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Anytime Fitness

I feel like I’m getting close to the end of this journey, as I’m starting to run out of gyms to try.  I’m also having to go farther and farther out from my home to try out gyms. At least for the free trial memberships. I’m still thinking of doing the intro rates for yoga/Pilates/barre studios.

Layout

Anyway, I’m now up in Richardson visiting Anytime Fitness.  This place feels like a lot like a Snap fitness: it’s compact; it’s open 24 hours to members; it has cardio equipment and free weights.  This place differs from Snap Fitness, however, in that they have a squat rack and two barbells.  For me, that makes this place infinitely better than Snap.  They don’t have a stand-alone bench rack though, which I found interesting. 

One thing the owner pointed out, and I have to agree with her, is that this place is cleaner than any other gym I’ve seen up in this part of town.  Some of these gyms around here are a bit run down, but you can tell the owner takes pride in her facility and makes sure the place is clean.

They do not have bumper plates, but when I deadlifted no one complained.

Locker rooms

They actually don’t have locker rooms in the normal sense. I imagine this really helps cut down on space needed.  They basically have fancy unisex bathrooms with shower stalls in them.  It’s really all you need. Plus this way you can pose in front of the mirror as much as you want and not worry about someone catching you.

Surfability

This is easy to get a week long pass, but that pass means you can only come in during staffed hours, which is not anytime you like.  For example, staffing hours begin at 10am every day.  So if you like to work out early in the morning this place won’t work out for you.  I had a nice tour of the facility given by the owner. When you have the owner also working as the salesperson and manager, you’re bound to have great customer service. I think she should be proud of her little gym.

Days in: 175
Amount paid: $10

No comments:

Post a Comment