Wednesday, March 25, 2015

24 Hour Fitness (Coit and Campbell)

So when I started out this little experiment one of my goals was to be able to surf so long that I would be able to come back to a gym because they allow a trial membership ever X months.  Well, I can now cross that off my checklist.  24 hour fitness only allows a trial membership every 6 months (most require a year), and it has been more than 6 months since last time.

This time, I went to the 24 Hour Fitness off of Coit and Campbell.  This location has a much nicer feel than the one off of Mockingbird.  Because we are more out in the suburbs, you have a less douchebag, more meathead feel, if that makes any sense.  Quite a few of the bigger guys here are first responders, if that gives you an idea.  There were also quite a few women, some actually in the weight area.  Once there were two girls doing real front squats, which is impressive. 

Layout

The gym is all on one floor, one really, really big room, with the typical gym set up. You have your cardio section, your weight machine section, your barbell racks with benches, and your squat racks off to the side.  They actually have three honest-to-God squat racks, plus a smith machine.  They also have two group exercise rooms and a kid’s corner.

One thing that is nice is all but two of the dumbbell benches are bolted down. So there’s no carting off with a bench to go do your own thing. Every bench is exactly where you would find it.  However, they have only two (flat) bench racks, which led me to waiting a while for one to become open.  I would have tried to use an open squat rack, but both of the two mobile benches were being used as well so I couldn’t  even do that.

Locker Rooms

They are your basic gym locker rooms. Clean, but nothing out of the ordinary.


Surfability

It’s the same as it was last time. Sign up online and then show up. This time I didn’t even have a tour of the facility.

Days in: 182
Amount paid: $10

1 comment:

  1. Really I am impressed from this post....the person who created this post is a generous and knows how to keep the readers connected..I also want to open a gym business but I have no idea that from where I start.

    ReplyDelete