Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Clairevista Vitality Club

Anyone there?
Clairevista is in the neighborhood of Oak Cliff, and it’s personality reflects that.  It’s not flashy, it’s friendly.  It’s not concerned with being the latest and greatest, it’s focus on friendliness and trying to help you on your way to self-improvement.   This place has the whole wellness vibe of Telos (I mean come on one's name is in Greek and the other is in Latin) while having the personal training focus of Diesel Fitness.  They have a maximum membership of 300, so it’s never going to be a crowded place.  There is a very small mention of supplements here, but there is a focus on whole, organic foods.  I go during off hours, but during my two weeks there I only saw one person in my age group (read: not retired).
The pool members have
access to.

One thing about this gym is that access operates like a Snap Fitness or an Anytime Fitness.  With membership you get an access card and are able to come in during gym hours, which run from 5am to 11pm if I remember correctly.  They do offer towel service, but because of the way the gym works I found myself to be the only person in the gym, no staff or anyone else was around.  If you want to get away from it all and be near downtown, this is the place for you.




Layout


It is a small gym, but it has everything one needs. Lots of weight machines, cardio equipment, and some kettlebells.  Thankfully they have one squat rack, so I was able to follow my routine.  They also have bumper plates, which was a nice find.  They also, and this is cool, some outdoor facilities.  They have some turf, tires and sledges, and members are even allowed to use the Belmont pool up on the hill for amazing views of downtown.

Locker Rooms



They are cool/funky (just like Oak Cliff), with a bit of hip retro vibe.  They had all kinds of toiletries available and very clean facilities.  The layout is a bit awkward since it used to be two different locker rooms before a renovation, but otherwise it works out quite nicely.  I think because of the small size of the locker room it feels more like a giant personal bathroom than a gym locker room.



Surfability 


I was lucky in that I didn’t set up an appointment, yet happened to catch the owner at a good time for a tour and signing of waivers.  He’s very pleasant and knowledgeable, and I can see his clients really digging him.  Anyways, if you want to try this out you should really set up an appointment so as not to miss a staff member to set you up.  This is a real nice deal in that it’s two weeks instead of the regular seven days.

Days in: 168
Amount paid: $10

No comments:

Post a Comment