Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Snap Fitness (Chicago)

So I’m in the Chicago area this week for the Holidays, and I decided I would use Snap Fitness’s week-long trial membership for the week.  I fill out the online form, wait for someone to call. And when they don’t I decide to go over and see if I can use it anyway.  It’s like 20 degrees, I’m standing at the door, and I can’t get in because the door requires a member’s card to unlock.  I call them while looking in, but no one picks up so I leave a message.  As I peer in through the frosty windows. I notice that this place has dumbells, machines, and a Smith Machine (bleh).  No squat rack. No bench rack.  Not. Even. One. Barbell.

I get back into the car and drive home.  While one the way they called me back, apologizing for keeping me waiting because she was dealing with a customer. She asked if I had any questions so I asked about the lack of squat racks/barbells.  She said they don’t have those, but they do have a smith machine.  She did acknowledge though that this makes “squatting 400 pounds impossible”.  While I will not be squatting THAT much weight (yet), I told here I didn’t think it was a good match.

It was already afternoon, and I needed to go back home to take care of things.  So I ended up not working out.  This is the problem with gym surfing, You’ll never know what you’re going to get.  This day has seen me at my worst.  A place that is so woefully inadequate that it doesn’t even allow me to follow my starting strength template.

Days in: 118
Amount paid: $0

No comments:

Post a Comment