Monday, March 16, 2015

Fitness Just 4 U

This place is over by white rock lake, and it has a similar feel to its neighbor Gold’s gym. However, unlike Gold’s, this place is more “Average Joes” than meathead.  They are going through a renovation, which is a good thing.  For example, they have carpet on a lot of the gym floor (they do have rubber over where the barbells are). Carpet in a gym just feels…. wrong.  Feels like I’m working out in a hotel “fitness center” where it’s just a hotel room with equipment instead of beds.  This place isn’t amazing, but it isn’t too bad either.  If Golds down the street intimidates you I would definitely check this place out for a more laid back vibe.

Layout

This place is a bit dark despite the new white paint on the walls.  They have three tiers of cardio equipment that looks out over the weight machines.  They have plenty of weight machines, but when the guy showed me the six squat racks I had to stifle a laugh because two of them were smith machines and another two were leg press machines. But they did have two legit squat racks, which is one more than most.  I came in on a Saturday and both were being used, causing me to wait 10 minutes until one freed up. …Ten minutes in a gym feels like an eternity, by the way.

They don’t have bumper plates, but with the rubber matting no one complained when I did deadlifts. I should point out, though, that I DIDN’T DROP THE WEIGHT TO LET IT BOUNCE UP AND DOWN.  This is a pet peeve of mine because I see a lot of dudes do this when they are  perfectly capable of placing the weight down, they just want to show off.  These are the same guys wearing cut-off sleeves.

Everything seemed up to date and in order. Again this place is very average in impression, not a whole lot to write about.

Locker rooms


Locker Rooms leave a
lot to be desired
Locker rooms have yet to be renovated, and they definitely need the work. There were a lot of
broken locker doors and the only place to sit is these two leather chairs that sit way too low to the ground. Very strange. They do have some televisions though, and that was a nice feature.  But like I said, all of this is going to change in a couple of months.

Surfability


You sign up for a week pass online.  Low pressure sales here, very friendly salesman, and he gave a nice tour. Although every time I came in here the sales guy gave me a lingering smile, hoping that I was coming to him to sign up. However, after smiling back and walking off, I wasn’t persued.

Days in: 153
Amount paid: $10

No comments:

Post a Comment