Monday, August 25, 2014

Advice on Gym Surfing


  1. Check out gyms online in private mode.  I didn't at first and my banner ads are now exclusively gyms that I have no intention of having a membership. (Thanks Equinox)
  2. Create an email account for surfing. They might tell you that the deal they are offering you is for today only, but you'll start receiving emails from them about other deals.  All kinds of deals.
  3. Try to plan out your list of gyms at least a month in advance.  It's never fun to wake up, get ready to go to the gym, and realize you don't know where you should work out. I use google maps, yelp, and foursquare to find them. I've also started telling people about my project and they let me know about gyms I otherwise would never have known about.  And, as always, if a reader asks me to check out a gym I will do so. 
  4. Unless you workout 7 days a week, try to plan out the 1, 3, and 7 day trials so you minimize rest days on trial memberships.

No comments:

Post a Comment