Monday, July 28, 2014

An Introduction

Hello there, and welcome to my blog where I am going to try out all the trial gym memberships in Dallas.  At my previous residence (Durham, NC) my wife and I took advantage of a yoga studio’s new client deal (30 days for $30) a month before we left town. We both wanted to try yoga and between graduation and moving we suddenly had the free time to do it.  We went to all kinds of classes and if we were paying the regular rate it would’ve cost about $176 each.  That’s  $352 versus $60.

Anyways, we moved to Dallas and while driving down the road I looked across the street and noticed a sign from another yoga studio offering a similar new client deal.  I chuckled and told my wife “wouldn’t that be funny, to just keep taking new client deals and hopping from one place to the next?”  She just rolled her eyes and said that was against the spirit of the offer.

Fast forward roughly one year, and I’ve decided to try something.  I’m going to try to see how long I can go only using the new member deal, whether that be free or at a deep discount.  And what better way to share my experiences than to blog about it?

So here goes, a cheap man’s guide to working out in Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment